This new design offers many benefits over conventional heatsinks with standard flat baseplate.
The series IHM/IHV has been developed especially for IGBT with outside dimensions of 130 x 140 mm and 190 x 140 mm.
- Because of the tight fin spacing, the highest possible heat transfer per unit volume is achieved.
- Due to the special shape of the baseplate, a 20 to 25% higher heat dissipation is achieved as compared to conventional baseplate designs.
- Typical properties of these heatsinks are:
- small temperature gradient
- high latent heat capacity
- high heat time constant
The thermal resistance depends on the length and air flow volume (m3/s).
Any desired length can be supplied. On request the IHM/IHV heat sinks can be supplied with fan.